Sunday, August 28, 2011

Janet completed her FIRST 5K yesterday! 
I asked her to tell her story for us and here is what she had to say:

     "I joined Boot Camp in May 2011. I knew I needed to do something. I had been putting on weight and my blood pressure was climbing in spite of medication.

     The Saturday orientation was a real eye-opener.  Until then I thought I was in half-way decent shape for 55.  Robyn had us do coffin sit ups and I couldn't even get up off the floor!       The first time we ran around the building I had to stop and walk.  Now, 3 months later, I can run the hill and the mile without stopping and I'm planning to run/walk my first 5K at the end of the month.  I never thought of myself as a runner, but now I look forward to running in my neighborhood on the weekends. One of the joys of boot camp is discovering that you can do things you didn't think you could do, and watching all the women around you make their own discoveries.  Robyn knows how to push you just enough to get you to that next level.  I also like the way the women encourage each other and celebrate even the small victories.

   I've lost weight and inches by following The Zone diet.  I like it because there are no forbidden foods and it's easy to follow.  It encourages me to eat more fruits and vegetables.

     Rather than increasing my blood pressure medication, I have been able to cut it in half and I hope to go off of it completely eventually. I have so much more energy and I can keep up with all of the demands on my life."

You are an inspiration for us all Janet !!!!  You have shown all of us that anythng is possible and attitude is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment