Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weekly Shout-Outs: Mile Times: Lisa 9:21 from 9:33, Vanessa 15:11 from16:11, Alyssa 10:00 from 10:45, Deborah 9:38 from 10:15, JeriBeth 11:55 from 12:35, Jackie and Anne 11:50 from 12:00
Brenda just started boot camp at the beginning and had this to share with us:
"Like most people, I usually start a new year with some resolutions, though I don’t call them that – I dislike that word. But as a good student of personal and professional development, I know I always have thoughts and behaviors that can use some significant improvement. This year I took the plunge, thanks to a friend’s urging, to join a women’s exercise boot camp. What really got me to say ‘yes’ is the weight loss challenge they are doing for 30 days. I finally dumped all my excuses and convinced myself I can do ANYTHING for 30 days!
So I paid my money, got weighed in and measured and am now exercising and on a new food plan. There are so many lessons, already, that I’d like to share:
  • Lesson 1: It feels good to completely surrender your negative beliefs about what’s possible. Isn’t it exhausting to be constantly circling through our excuses and limiting beliefs? I gave mine up…for now.
  • Lesson 2: Sometimes it hurts. Using muscles I haven’t used in a while makes them sore…and… I’ll live.
  • Lesson 3: We’re capable of more than we think we are. I didn’t think I could jump rope – I can!
  • Lesson 4: It’s simply a decision we make to stop all the negotiating within our heads/minds.
  • Lesson 5: We need support to be successful. We can’t do it by ourselves – left to our own devices, we’ll fail every time.
When Shannon first contacted us about joining boot camp one of her main goals was to be able to run someday.  Well, someday has already come for her! She and her husband went to the track on Sunday and she ran about 3/4 of the way around that darn thing!!!! She called me afterward and was so excited! "I NEVER experienced this with Curves or Lady Fitness! The women are all so supportive and encouraging!" Shannon has lost 26 pounds and 20" since November and is still going strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment