Wednesday, December 14, 2011

  Today I am going to start posting my "Thoughts for the Day" on the website. As we head toward the new year at break neck speed, it is important to stop at a red light every now and then and take a look around.
Today's thought:  Why the heck do we bust our butts every day in boot camp? Well, for your's truly it's because I plan on living to a very old age and if I am going to do that I want to be as self sufficient as possible. I want to be able to bend over and pick something up off the floor. I want to go to Sam's Club, buy a family size box of detergent and lift it to my car, and to my laundry room, by myself. I want to squat, climb, lift, pull, press, drag, jump and throw anything; all by myself.

     All of the exercises we do in boot camp include these movements. Boot camp makes us stronger, in every way. You want RESULTS and YOU are what delivers those results, one day at a time – every time you choose to come to boot camp and all the rest of the time that you choose to support your training by making diet choices that bring you closer to your goals (more on this later). You have everything inside of you that is needed to succeed in this and every other area of your life. Boot campers develop amazing “core strength”, which reaches far deeper than just our abs.  Each time we reach within for the ability to pound out that extra last rep, to ignoring that voice in our heads that tells us to quit, our ability to access our inner strength and confidence becomes easier.

Suzanne put down her 18# kettlebell today and picked up a 26#. Onward and upward Suzanne. That's what we're talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment